Director, Talent Acquisition
dbt Labs was founded in 2016 to empower analysts to create and disseminate organizational knowledge. Since then, we’ve grown to become one of the leading brands in the analytics industry. Our product, dbt, is used by thousands of companies. dbt Labs is a remote-first, values-driven company with a globally distributed team. You can learn more about our values here.
As our Director of Talent Acquisition, you will have the chance for huge impact, as you get to shape the culture and community of dbt Labs for our global team. This strategic yet operational leader will oversee our talent acquisition team, programs and strategic roadmap.
As a distributed company, we move incredibly fast and lean heavily on async work (reading and writing!). It is within this environment that you will be responsible for delivering on our mission to enable the growth and development of all our team members, specifically within leadership. You will build on our foundational operations and collaborate closely with both the business and our People Team CoE’s to identify opportunities, design solutions and quickly yet effectively execute. You’ll use data to guide your team’s work, and you’ll always be looking to improve our internal reporting systems. While owning many of our flagship recruiting programs, you’ll also be responsible for developing and empowering your team in their individual and collective success.
At the end of the day, you’ll achieve success by balancing the needs of both our people and the business and bringing optimized thinking into day-to-day operations. You’ll lead from a curious and first principles mentality to push the needle on our culture and how we operate and recruit. While the below is a small snapshot of the broad range of work scoped into this varied and challenging (in a fun way!) role; we are looking for someone who leverages differences of their team, brings their best, and pushes the pace of our work in a smooth and values-aligned manner.
- Lead, support and intentionally develop a team of capable and experienced talent acquisition professionals across levels that are building the next chapter of dbt Labs
- Establish and own global end to end recruitment strategy for GTM (go to market - sales, field eng, ops, & marketing), tech (engineering, product & design) and G&A (finance, legal, people, security, data) teams, including implementing best scalable practices for a world-class candidate experience for every level and every function
- Design and manage recruiting programs including employer branding, interviewer training, employee referral program, and internal mobility
- Define, measure and action plan recruitment metrics and analytics to monitor our performance and identify areas of improvement
- Partner with the business as a trusted advisor, and enable functional leaders to make informed, high-quality decisions that meet the speed of our business
- Build strong selection capabilities and criteria to ensure a fair and objective evaluation of candidates that consistently delivers high quality hires
- Oversee a simple and effective TA tech stack
- Understand the talent market deeply and provide insights on emerging trends to hiring and leadership teams
- In partnership with our TA Manager, support executive searches, as appropriate, or manage external agency support
- Work in close partnership with CoEs across the people team, including DEI, Compensation & Benefits, L&D and PBPs to meaningfully contribute to the entire employee lifecycle
- Have significant hands on experience in Talent Acquisition in the technology sector and throughout various stages of company growth
- Have demonstrated track record of leading and developing a team in meaningful ways based on their superpowers and career goals; including ICs and managers
- Are an excellent communication, influencing, coaching, partnering, and leadership skills; approachable, authentic and responsive
- Build and implement operational efficiencies and practices
- Use data to guide your decisions and help your team focus on the right work
- Are dedicated to moving the needle on diversity, equity, and inclusion and have experience tracking and action-planning DEI-based metrics
- Are seasoned in exercises such as journey or market mapping, executive sourcing strategies, and focused referral campaigns
- Are comfortable and intentional with change management and adapting to the evolving needs of a growing company
You'll have an edge if you’ve thrived in:
- a remote-first and global environment
- a scaling software company
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary: Commensurate of experience
- (Director, Talent Acquisition: $207,000-$251,000)
- Equity Stake
- Benefits - dbt Labs offers:
- Unlimited vacation (and yes we use it!)
- 401k w/3% guaranteed contribution
- Excellent healthcare
- Paid Parental Leave
- Wellness stipend
- Home office stipend, and more!
*Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal limitations
What to expect in the hiring process (all video interviews unless accommodations are needed):
- Interview with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Interview with our VP of People
- Team Interviews with various stakeholders
- Final interview with our CEO
Who we are
At dbt Labs, we have developed strong opinions on how companies should practice analytics.
Specifically, we believe that:
- Code, not graphical user interfaces, is the best abstraction to express complex analytic logic
- Data analysts should adopt similar practices and tools to software developers
- Critical analytics infrastructure should be controlled by its users as open source software
- Analytic code itself — not just analytics tools — will increasingly be open source
It turns out that a lot of other people believe this too! Today, there are 20,000 companies using dbt every week, 65,000 practitioners in the dbt Community Slack, and 3,500 companies paying for dbt Cloud. Our customers include JetBlue, Hubspot, Vodafone New Zealand, and Dunelm. dbt is synonymous with the practice of analytics engineering, defining an entire industry. We’re backed by top investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, and Altimeter. We recently raised our series D: read the announcement here!
dbt Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to building an inclusive team that welcomes a diversity of perspectives, people, and backgrounds regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, citizenship, veteran status, or any other protected status. We feel strongly that whether or not your experience exactly fits the job description, your passion and skills will stand out and set you apart even if your career has taken some twists and turns. If you are on the fence about whether you meet our requirements, we encourage you to apply anyway! Please reach out to us directly at email@example.com if you need assistance or an accommodation.
Want to learn more about our focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at dbt Labs? Check out our DEI page here.
dbt Labs reserves the right to amend or withdraw the posting at any time. For employees outside the United States, dbt Labs offers a competitive benefits package. Equity or comparable benefits may be offered depending on the legal or country limitations.
dbt Labs is on a mission to empower data practitioners to create and disseminate organizational knowledge.