Customer Success Manager
Veritas solves what no one else can. With an industry-leading product portfolio, we offer proven, modern, and integrated technology that brings together availability, protection, and insights. Our Veritas Enterprise Data Services Platform addresses current and future data issues end-to-end – keeping mission-critical workloads highly available, protecting data everywhere, and providing insights to optimize costs and maintain regulatory readiness.
Veritas supports 500+ data sources, 150+ storage targets, 50+ clouds, and any deployment model imaginable. We serve 99% of the Fortune 100, 90% of the Fortune 500, and are the market leader in Software-defined Storage, Data Protection, and Archiving.
Veritas Customer Success is responsible for ensuring that Veritas’ customers are successfully exceeding the value of their investment in Veritas solutions and coordinating the company focus on the end-to-end customer relationship. Customer Success includes customer support and care, professional and business critical services, and renewal sales.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) is a single point of contact engaging with assigned customers to maximize value and create strategies to support customer objectives and desired outcomes.
With knowledge of the products, the CMS works closely with assigned accounts to actively drive adoption and retention, as well as act as the voice of customers internally at Veritas.
A strong focus on driving results, activities include a broad range of tasks such as maintaining ongoing customer relationships and networking, implementing success programs, contributing to sales, onboarding, training clients, and minimizing churn.
Conduct regular customer-focused success plan business reviews, measuring performance against pre-established business metrics.
- Manage overall relationship with assigned customers, which includes onboarding, advocacy, growing adoption, ensuring retention, identifying expansion opportunities and renewal.
- Creating customer success plans for assigned customers to capture customer’s business objectives, metrics to which they measure success, and defined milestones for completion.
- Engage with Customer Success leadership to build out a repeatable customer journey
- Build relationships with customers and remove roadblocks to maintain a positive customer experience.
- Develop and implement best practices with customers in similar industries to improve efficiency and drive security, operational, and financial outcomes.
- Meet regularly with customers to discuss current product usage, identify opportunities to cross sell and upsell.
- Provide customer insights to key stakeholders including Product Management on innovation and continuous improvement on user experience.
- Provide guidance on customer engagement processes that ensure rapid adoption and usage.
- Develop, manage, and provide proactive strategy planning with assigned customers to drive operational improvements.
- Identify opportunities for customer education, training on the use of, and benefits of our products.
- Partner closely with key internal stakeholders i.e., sales, renewals, technical support to ensure an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
- Baseline and maintain the customer environment footprint.
- Develop strategy to increase Veritas product usage and expand Veritas footprint and evaluate the competitive environment.
- Identify opportunities for reference accounts, and pass lead generation opportunities to sales account managers.
- Manage telemetry data when available to key internal/external stakeholders.
- Adopt strategies for customer account growth.
- Data management Industry knowledge.
- At least 8 years’ experience within the information technology industry with some experience in the software industry.
- 5+ years of directly related experience as a Customer Success Manager, Account Manager, or Consulting Services working with strategic enterprise accounts.
- Knowledge of Veritas’ Information Management/VERITAS products and services preferred.
- Experience with Gainsight and Salesforce, or other similar systems.
- Demonstrable ability to work and excel in a fast-paced global environment.
- Experience with customer success planning and driving projects to completion.
- Understand the business model and have experience delivering and implementing solutions for customers.
- Demonstrable experience with relationship building and ability to build confidence and work with senior and executive level customer contacts.
- Proven problem analysis and solving skills.
- Strong communication skills with proven success delivering verbal and written communications with excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Excellent multitasking, organizational and project management skills.
- Confident, high energy, self-starter.
- Ability to build credibility and trust by understanding and addressing customer requirements.
- Accountable for decisions and commitments and works within the governance requirements of Veritas.
- Willingness to apply a flexible working schedule in support of customer requirements.
- Willingness to travel to customer and Veritas locations as required, 25%.
At Veritas, we care about the causes close to your heart and enable you to volunteer, donate, and do good. If you only meet some of the asks for this role, that's OK! We value a diverse range of backgrounds and ideas and believe a more diverse and inclusive workforce makes a winning team. If you have the curiosity to learn and appetite to teach what you know, we encourage you to apply. Come as you are! Interested? Apply and find out more about #TeamVTAS!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We empower organizations of all sizes to manage and protect their business-critical data with confidence and ease.