Email Marketing Manager
Who is Litmus?
Litmus’s email creation, testing, and analytics platform empowers marketers, designers, and agencies to confidently deliver quality, brand-aligned communications that delight and engage consumers. Over the last 10+ years, we’ve built a reputation as thought leaders and one of the most trusted solutions in the industry, and it shines through our customers – all 250,000 of them, representing the world’s top brands in tech, banking & finance, retail, media, and more.
And with our newest acquisition of Kickdynamic, an AI-driven content automation solution, we are now leaders in email marketing personalization.
How do we do this? It all starts with our people and a core belief that the talent we seek should be a culture add rather than a “culture fit,” with our 5 core values in mind:
- Take it to Heart
- Practice Considerate Communication
- Act Humbly and Confidently
- Collaborate with Bias to Action
- Be Beyond Litmus
What would I do at Litmus?
We are seeking an Email Marketing Manager that will be responsible for the strategy, planning and execution of Litmus’s email marketing program. You will partner with our internal marketing teams (product, demand generation, etc) to design, develop, and test email templates, campaigns and expand all aspects of our email program.
On any given day you might:
- Oversee the development of email editorial calendars to understand key initiatives and maximize the use of email to drive awareness and engagement.
- Work cross-functionally to capture email campaign requirements, make recommendations, develop email briefs, and create segmentation strategies.
- Plan, execute, and measure ongoing testing strategy to improve email performance continuously.
- Lead the creation, maintenance, and documentation of core newsletters, triggered, automated, and drip campaigns in Marketo and Campaign Monitor.
- Collaborate with the email team to develop and test dynamic content modules, personalization tactics, automation rules, segmentation, list management, and workflows to support email campaign targeting and execution.
- Craft performance-driven email copy that is tailored to the unique needs of each stage of the customer lifecycle.
- Stay abreast of the latest changes in the email industry and make recommendations for improvements, testing, etc.
- Act as an advocate, champion, subject matter expert, both internally and externally.
- Contribute to the Litmus Community, Litmus Live, Litmus blog, virtual events, and other content marketing needs.
- Maintain the email health of Litmus’ email program to ensure Litmus emails are hitting inboxes.
- Champion a high standard of data compliance and have in-depth knowledge and understanding of anti-spam laws such as CASL, CAN-SPAM, GDPR, etc.
What is Litmus looking for in a candidate?
- 4+ years of strategizing, implementing, and planning email programs
- B2B/SaaS marketing environment preferred
- Marketo familiarity or similar ESP
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to interpret data into meaningful insights
- Strong project management skills and ability to work autonomously
Why should I choose Litmus?
- We offer everything you’d expect from a profitable company that’s been going strong for 10+ years, including a great salary and stock options, comprehensive health care benefits, and a generous retirement plan match
- You’ll receive 28 days of paid vacation—on top of team retreats and public holidays
- A platform for good: Affinity Groups, a culture of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, and volunteer days—creating belonging for all is in our DNA both inside and outside of work #bebeyondlitmus
- Remote-first culture. No matter where you are, you’ll feel connected to the team
- We take family seriously and offer flexible schedules and generous parental leave programs
- We give you great tools and tech to do your best work: Hardware, software, and home- and office setups
Not sure if you meet all the requirements?
Please apply! We know there is no job description that can measure a person’s attitude, aptitude, or amplitude (the ability to turn it up a notch) and highly encourage you to apply.
Our approach is shaped by a strong respect for each individual. This applies to every aspect of employment – from equitable wages, work-life balance, the freedom to be your whole self, to equal opportunities for growth and development at Litmus. We believe wholeheartedly the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Litmus allows you to create, personalize, test, review, and analyze every email you send.