Director of Total Rewards
Remote is solving global remote organizations’ biggest challenge: employing anyone anywhere compliantly. We make it possible for businesses big and small to employ a global team by handling global payroll, benefits, taxes, and compliance. Check out remote.com/how-it-works to learn more or if you’re interested in adding to the mission, scroll down to apply now.
Please take a look at remote.com/handbook to learn more about our culture and what it is like to work here. Not only do we encourage folks from all ethnic groups, genders, sexuality, age and abilities to apply, but we prioritize a sense of belonging. You can check out independent reviews by other candidates on Glassdoor or look up the results of our candidate surveys to see how others feel about working and interviewing here.
All of our positions are fully remote. You do not have to relocate to join us!
What this job can offer you
- Scaling Remote’s global Total Rewards strategy that encompasses Remote’s values, strategy, vision and culture. Furthermore to ensure we are able to attract and retain amazing people.
- Directly responsible to implement all elements of Total Rewards which includes compensation, benefits, wellness and recognition. Also, specifically promote the remote-first benefit of our environment.
- Own all communication, including announcements and building knowledge on all aspects of Total Rewards for our Remote employees.
- Partnering deeply with our Talent Acquisition and People teams to drive awareness and comprehension of our global compensation approach, including mechanisms for sharing data and feedback on areas to consider revisiting and improving.
- Growing a high performing, inclusive, and forward-thinking global compensation and benefits team as a great manager.
- Aligning with our Leadership team and Executive's across the organisation, actively listening to feedback and ideas to continue to improve all aspects of how our global compensation philosophy.
- Collaborate closely with our Global Operations Benefits team to roll out internal benefits globally and continuously review if improvements could be made.
- Work with data and make informed decisions for our Global Total Rewards programs and policies based on analysis and feedback.
- Conduct quarterly audits on compensation and people data for accuracy and due diligence.
- Be an advocate for our Values
- Exhibit a growth mindset with a high level of emotional intelligence in daily work and your own professional development.
What you bring
- Extensive experience in Total Rewards, with experience in a global & people-first modern HR environment. Previous experience at Director or Senior Leadership level is most ideal for the expectations of this role and level at Remote.
- Extensive experience in annual compensation review cycles, multi-currency and analytical compensation structures.
- Understanding, experience and ability to evolve equitable global benefits and perks.
- Proven ability to improve Total Rewards and fair pay and to go above and beyond to align with our Belonging: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategy
- Able to solve complex problems; highly resourceful and takes initiative to seek internal and external advise when needed for the most effective outcome.
- Start-up or tech industry experience which includes the implementation of Paid Compensation Data and a Total Rewards Philosophy is most ideal for this position.
- Writes and speaks fluent English.
- It's not required to have experience working remotely, but considered a plus.
- You'll report to: VP of People
- Direct reports: 2
- Team: People
- Location: Anywhere
- Start date: As soon as possible
Remote Compensation Philosophy
Remote's Total Rewards philosophy is to ensure fair, unbiased compensation and fair equity pay along with competitive benefits in all locations in which we operate. We do not agree to or encourage cheap-labor practices and therefore we ensure to pay above in-location rates. We hope to inspire other companies to support global talent-hiring and bring local wealth to developing countries.
For U.S. applicants: Across all US locations, the base salary range for this full-time position is $150,000 to $215,500 plus eligibility for equity. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level and location, and our job titles may span more than one career level. The actual base pay for the successful candidate in this role is dependent upon many factors such as location, transferable or job-related skills, work experience, relevant training, business needs, and market demands. The base salary range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
We offer a generous benefits package to all full-time employees. In the U.S. this includes: a 401(k) plan + 4% employer match, unlimited paid time off, paid sick leave in excess of local requirements, paid parental leave, FSA, HSA, health, dental and vision plans for you .Click here for more information on our global employee benefits.
- Interview with recruiter
- Interview with future manager
- Interview with team members (no managers present)
- Interview with executive
- Prior employment verification check (Read more at remote.com/employment-checks)
Our benefits & perks are explained in our public handbook at remote.com/benefits.
How you’ll plan your day (and life)
We work async at Remote which means you can plan your schedule around your life (and not around meetings). Read more at remote.com/async.
You will be empowered to take ownership and be proactive. When in doubt you will default to action instead of waiting. Your life-work balance is important and you will be encouraged to put yourself and your family first, and fit work around your needs.
If that sounds like something you want, apply now!
Your application has been successfully submitted.