Security Operations Engineer
Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
A motivated, curious, self-driven and experienced security professional who is looking to take on the challenge of improving the security operations and incident response at a Security company. We’re looking for someone to join our security team and apply their experience with tools and technologies in identifying and addressing security issues. We are looking for someone who has previously worked as a Security Operations/IR Engineer, is motivated to learn new products/tools, and can work independently with little guidance.
What You’ll Do:
- Identify and resolve operational problems through final resolution
- Monitor and analyze security events to determine if it qualifies as legitimate security incident
- Provide technical assistance in validation and evaluation of security alerts or incidents
- Work on vulnerabilities identified through automated scans
- Research and stay abreast of the latest threats
- Document, communicate and conform to processes related to security monitoring
- Drive security projects
- Provide assistance and input into the Security Awareness program
- Provide technical expertise and support to IT and Operations teams in the implementation of security/protection technologies for systems and technologies
- Assist in gathering metrics and preparing reports for applicable stakeholders
- Provide on-call support 24x7x365 as required/scheduled
- Provide specialized expertise to support other IT projects/activities
- Assist in other areas of security as needed
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- Experience with Microsoft SaaS tools and applications (Azure, Active Directory, inTune, etc)
- Have basic understanding of information security industry standards
- Have basic knowledge of network concepts and processes and cloud environments
- Familiarity with:
- Authentication methods
- Desktop and productivity suites
- Anti-malware technologies
- Effectively coordinate activities with internal groups
- Implement and improve processes
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be detail oriented and able to capture detailed notes on relevant information and other aspects of the analysis process to be used for reporting purposes
- Must be action-oriented and a proactive approach to solving issues
- Experience in conducting analysis to determine root cause and impact of security incident
Nice to Have Skills:
- Willing to be available, as needed, for major and critical incident response activities during off-hours
- System Administration experience
- Virtualization knowledge (VMWare, HyperV, etc)
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive.