Director, Customer Success
Zapier is looking for a Director of Customer Success to build our post-sales motions and help Zapier better enable upmarket customers. We’re looking for a leader who knows how to move upmarket in lockstep with our product and sales teams and scale a world-class Customer Success team.
Customer Success is new for Zapier, so you’ll shape the strategy, and experiment with a variety of motions to effectively drive incremental growth. We have an exciting roadmap for upmarket to execute in the coming years. Our upmarket segment is where Customer Success will impact the business the most and the Director of Customer Success will focus on this part of the business.
Zapier is on a mission to make automation work for everyone—and our global, all-remote team is what makes this work possible. If you’re interested in advancing your career at a fast-growing, profitable, impact-driven company, then read on…
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Diversity and Inclusivity at Zapier
- Demonstrated track record leading teams to exceed revenue quotas
- 4+ years experience in building and scaling high-performing CSM teams in B2B enterprise SaaS
- 1+ years of 2nd line experience managing managers and developing a team
- Built scaled CS engagement methods, but have seen a variety of strategic CS motions
- You have a strong understanding of data and are able to understand metrics and how to influence them deeply
- You have a leadership style that emphasizes coaching and enablement, and have specific examples of how you’ve leveled up skills of CS teams
- You’re a product-market fit finder. You’re customer-obsessed and enjoy spending your days meeting customers and deeply understand their needs
- You take new problems they haven't seen before and thoughtfully find ways to solve them
- You’re experimental and have experience launching new initiatives
- You’ve managed in a PLG environment before (preferred)
Things you’ll do
- Create and execute scalable strategies to drive CSQLs, utilization, and champion development
- Inspire, motivate, and uplevel a high-performing team and bring innovation to the Customer Success process to build a uniquely Zapier approach to hybrid GTM
- Own the CS strategy and define an approach to moving upmarket (objectives, segmentation, programs)
- Drive tight feedback loops across product, marketing, sales, data science, legal, and billing to better support our customers
- Consistently deliver against expansion and headcount targets
- Consistently monitor the activity of the team and track results
Zapier Compensation Guiding Principles
We believe all Zapiens should be rewarded competitively and equitably, using practices that are simple and transparent. This philosophy ensures we’re able to find, grow, and retain exceptional people from a broad range of backgrounds. Here’s how we define our compensation principles:
Competitive: Zapier pays well among the technology sector.
Equitable: Consistent pay practices; competency-based pay.
Simple: Pay is well understood, and pay practices are built for scale.
Transparent: Zapiens know how pay works, including how their pay is determined.
The pay ranges for this role are:
US: 184,100 - 276,200 USD
Canada: 184,100 - 276,200 CAD
A Candidate's compensation package is finalized once the interview process is concluded and accounts for experience, competencies (job knowledge, skills and abilities) and internal equity.
For more information on Zapier’s Total Rewards please click here.
How to Apply
At Zapier, we believe that diverse perspectives and experiences make us better, which is why we have a non-standard application process designed to promote inclusion and equity. We are looking for the best fit for each of our roles, regardless of the type of education or companies in your background, so we encourage you to apply even if your skills and experiences don’t exactly match the job description.
All we ask is that you answer a few in-depth questions in our application that would typically be asked at the start of an interview process. This helps speed things up by letting us get to know you and your skillset a bit better right out of the gate. Please be sure to answer each question; the resume and CV fields are optional.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us—even if we don’t see an immediate fit with our team. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to never go more than seven days without letting you know the status of your application. We know we’ll make mistakes from time to time, so if you ever have questions about where you stand or about the process, just ask your recruiter!
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer and we're excited to work with talented and empathetic people of all identities. Zapier does not discriminate based on someone's identity in any aspect of hiring or employment as required by law and in line with our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Belonging and Equity. protected by local law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.
Zapier is committed to inclusion. As part of this commitment, Zapier welcomes applications from individuals with disabilities and will work to provide reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodations are needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Even though we’re an all-remote company, we still need to be thoughtful about where we have Zapiens working. Check out this resource for a list of countries where we currently cannot have Zapiens permanently working.
Get your software working together, automatically.